Sunday, June 21, 2009

Day Six & Seven: *crawls to the finish line*

I know it's been a while since the diet's over but I never really had the time to blog about it.

Day Six was another stretch. One where you knew the end was near...oh so near...and yet so far. It really wasn't supposed to be all that bad, what with the introduction of meat back on the menu. But it seemed like my appetite had shrunk and I really wasn't all that motivated to eat.

The same happened on the Seventh day when I sliced my finger open on a date. By date I mean the kind you eat. Actually I was pretty careless with the knife and I really wanted to give up then. But then I thought, I'd stuck it out for SEVEN days and this was the last. Why give up now?

I've been giving up on stuff my whole life. I wanted to know I could stick something out to the end. And so I did.

When I stepped on the scale when next I could...I really couldn't believe it. 5Kg gone just like that!!

So it really wasn't a waste.

I honestly haven't gotten started on my list because I am afraid...because I make excuses even to myself.

Not anymore. I want this...for now this is my priority. And it seems whoever is up there wants to give me encouragement because out of the blue, an old school friend posted pictures of us all in Primary Four. The year everything began to fall apart.

And I see myself; smiling, confident, skinny and happy and I wonder...where is this girl? Well she's in here somewhere. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment